Before: How I used to live?
- I used to have tiredness and stiffness as my companion every morning.
- I used to woke up as late as possible.
- I used to eat my breakfast in a hurry and just grabbed anything I happened to find from the fridge.
- I used to browse the newspaper and check my e-mails and social media sites while eating my breakfast.
Changes: What changes I´ve made to my life since I started to pay more attention to my wellbeing and simplify my life?
- I´ve started go to sleep as early as possible. Not always but more and more often.
- I´ve started to wake up early (before children) so that I don´t need to go through my morning routines in a hurry. Now I even have a couple of minutes to do some stretching before breakfast.
- I´ve started to plan my breakfast the day before. I´ve started to eat more berries and/or rye bread or make porridge for breakfast.
- I’ve changed newspaper to a book or something more positive reading.
- I´ve simplified my breakfast by making a decision that e-mails and social media can wait until I´ve eaten.
- I´ve started to pay more attention to the atmosphere around the breakfast table. I try to make it relaxed and peaceful. During the winter time I often light up a candle. During summers I have my morning coffee outside as often as possible.
After: What kind of positive effects I´ve noticed now that I´ve been able to get closer to Living Simply.
- I´m not that tired anymore. When I wake up early enough I´m able to wake up properly before I start my day.
- With a little bit of discipline and good planning, my morning hurrying is now gone.
- Peaceful mornings and some stretching give so much energy for my day! We all become stiff while sleeping. It is up to us whether we get rid of it first thing in the morning or later in the evening. Or never.
- My breakfasts give me more energy and I´m getting more vitamins too. A good thing for my health!
- I`ve noticed that starting my day with some positive reading is better for my wellbeing than starting my day with bad news.
- The simpler my morning is, the better start I can have for my day.
- Good atmosphere during breakfast is the cherry on the cake. Starting the day with relaxed mind & body is the best thing I know.
Next time you can read about the moment when I open my laptop after breakfast.
Click to read the On the way to Simple Living: Intro.