Before: How I used to live?
- I used to do preparations for the day during the morning.
- I used to sleep as long as the children did.
- I used to wake up our girls as late as possible.
- I used to work at the same time while helping our girls with their morning routines.
Changes: What changes I´ve made to my life since I started to pay more attention to my wellbeing and simplify my life?
- I´ve started to wake up before the children and make myself ready before the children wake up.
- I´ve started to put aside all the clothes for me and the girls in the previous evening.
- I prepare girls´ breakfast before I wake them up.
- I´ve started to wake up the girls 30 minutes earlier than before.
- I´ve learned not to work and ignore our messy home in the morning.
- I give all my attention to the girls while going through their morning routines.
After: What kind of positive effects I´ve noticed now that I´ve been able to get closer to Living Simply.
- Good preparations have made my mornings with the children simpler and more peaceful.
- My patience has improved now that I´ve made myself ready before the children wake up.
- Children are more attentive when I´m able to give all my attention to them during their morning routines. I’m able do that because I´ve already got some of my work done before the children wake up.
- Children hate stress and hurry as much as adults. Children are more relaxed and cooperative when they have enough time to wake up and go through morning routines without a parent’s constant hurrying.
- More and more often we´re able to leave the home with a happy face and without any crying or screaming. And that´s a BIG thing for the wellbeing of parents and children!
Next time you can read about the moment when me and Liilia take Unna to daycare.
Click to read the On the way to Simple Living: Intro.
Read all posts from my post series called On the way to Simple Living.