Before: How I used to live?
- I used to waste time in the morning thinking what I should do instead of doing anything reasonable.
- I used to waste energy trying to remember all the things I needed to do during the day (and still often forgot to do them).
- I used to work right before going to bed in the evening or after children had fallen asleep.
Changes: What changes I´ve made to my life since I started to pay more attention to my wellbeing and simplify my life?
- I´m a morning person. It means that it´s best for me to do all the things that need concentration and higher energy level according to my natural rhythm – during the morning that is.
- I´ve started to keep a To Do -list. I put all my tasks and responsibilities on that list, like “pay the bills”, “book a doctor´s appointment” or “renew books on loan”.
- I´ve started to work right after breakfast. I´ve noticed that I often manage to get some things done before children wake up.
After: What kind of positive effects I´ve noticed now that I´ve been able to get closer to Living Simply.
- The more I´ve been able to organize my day according to my natural rhythm, the more satisfied and energetic and I´ve felt myself.
- I’m more productive and satisfied to my work. That’s because I´ve started to work when my energy level is at its best.
- To Do -list has simplified my life. When I put things on my list I don’t constantly have to keep reminding me of the things I have to remember.
- To Do -list has helped me to get things done on time. Better organized life means less stress and hurry!
- A better day rhythm, efficiency and planning have balanced my life. It´s easier to feel relaxed when I don´t need to work when my energy level is low.
- Our evenings are more peaceful. It´s easier for me to concentrate on family life and fall asleep peacefully when I don´t work during the evenings.
Next Monday you can read about how to get children’s morning routines running smoothly.
Click to read the On the way to Simple Living: Intro.
Read all posts from my post series called On the way to Simple Living.