Before: How I used to live?
- I used to take care of my everyday duties with the help of the car without even thinking about any other way.
- I used to plan my schedule so that I had to use the car to be able to do all things needed.
Changes: What changes I´ve made to my life since I started to pay more attention to my wellbeing and simplify my life?
- I´ve started to look for possibilities to be active along the day. Like taking our firstborn to daycare with a bike.
- I´ve started to plan the days schedule in a way that I can make use of every possibility to use the bike or or my feet. I often go to the grocery by walking (or jogging) for example.
- We have bought some equipments how to make this possible. Like sibling roller for our baby carriage and a bike trailer. They have really helped me to exercise more!
After: What kind of positive effects I´ve noticed now that I´ve been able to get closer to Living Simply.
- I have more energy and I’m being more positive. When I´m active my body produces endorphin that increases feelings of pleasure and reduces feelings of stress, anxiety and depression.
- I sleep better. After the day spent outside and being physically active my sleep is more consistent and I feel well rested after the night.
- I don´t need to exercise so often during the evenings because I get some excercise already during the day. That has given me a possibility to rest and relax more. And to spend more time together with my family.
- Our family´s ecological footprint has gotten smaller because many times we choose walking and biking instead of the car.
- Our family saves money because we don’t need to buy so much gas anymore.
Next time you can read about my ways to get the housework done as easy as possible.
Click to read the On the way to Simple Living: Intro.
Read all posts from my post series called On the way to Simple Living.