Before: How I used to live?
- I didn´t have any kind of a system or plan with housework. I worked whenever I had time.
- Housework was often piling up and I got stressed every time it happened.
- I was lazy. I wasted my time and energy for thinking what I should do instead of doing it.
Changes: What changes I´ve made to my life since I started to pay more attention to my wellbeing and simplify my life?
- I´ve learned to be systematic and efficient with housework and developed good routines to get them running smoothly. For example, putting on the washing machine in the morning means that the laundry is dry and ready to put in the wardrobe next morning. And you have some free space to do laundry again. 🙂
- I´ve find what good enough means. I´ve learned to close my eyes from the messy home because perfectly clean and tidy home is not just that important part of the life.
- I´ve learned to book enough time for housework. There’s a lot of housework to do in our family so time is what I need. Enough time means smaller piles of housework.
- I´ve learned to take a better attitude towards housework. It’s work that’s important for all family members.
After: What kind of positive effects I´ve noticed now that I´ve been able to get closer to Living Simply.
- I don´t stress about housework that much anymore; Finding the good enough , booking enough time and learning a systematic way of doing things make sure that housework is running smoothly nowadays.
- Less time for housework is more time for more meaningful things; The more experienced I´m with the housework, the less time and energy it takes. I have more time to be with the family for example. That´s a favor for my wellbeing!
- Good housework routines have helped me to relax; The better you know what you’re doing and how to do it, the more efficient you are. But also in a relaxed way. That way housework can be even meditative. Your hands are working but at the same time you’re able to concentrate on something totally different.
- Finding good routines has spread out to other areas of life too; I´ve find more efficient but relaxed ways to run all the other everyday tasks too.
Next time you can read about learning to be present with your children.
Click to read the On the way to Simple Living: Intro.
Read all posts from my post series called On the way to Simple Living.