Living in our boat is over for this summer and we are back home. However, during the following weeks I will still tell you boat life stories because so much happened during that five weeks on the boat.
Our family eats a lot of pike-perch because Henri fishes it a lot. Henri has also learned to make excellent food out of pike-perch – and also other fish species. This following recipe is one of our favourite ones. It`s simple and delicious and works for all whitefish.
Ingredients for 2 portion:
500 g pike-perch fillet (or other whitefish)
2 dl smetana (crème fraîche)
3-4 garlic cloves
One third of leek
Salt, black pepper, butter (amount depends on your taste)
- Salt fish couple of hours before making the food.
- Chop garlic and leek.
- Melt some butter in a frying pan.
- Fry garlic and leek about 1-2 minutes. Take them aside for a while.
- Add some butter and put the fish fillets on the frying pan. Let them grill about 2-3 minutes each side (depending on the size).
- Add garlic, leek and smetana and let food stew for about 5-7 minutes.
- Serve e.g with salad, potatoes or fried vegetables.